Another cutting edge marketing tool from Uniqlo!
Who would have thought that one could tune into their favorite clothing store to get a free wake-up call that provides the current time, date, current weather outside and all played to a dreamy song that changes with the weather?
The Uniqlo social Wake Up App for Android and iPhone does just this.
According to the Google Play store, “UNIQLO WAKE UP is an innovative new social alarm app that aims to make waking up every day an enjoyable experience. The alarm music, which is automatically created based on the weather, time, and day of the week, was co-written by 51st annual Grammy nominee Cornelius (Keigo Oyamada) and Yoko Kanno, who is active in songwriting across a wide range of genres including video games and anime (COWBOY BEBOP, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Macross). The app allows users to share a record of their awakening – specifically, the time, weather, and temperature at the moment they stopped the alarm – via social media (Facebook, Twitter, RenRen, Weibo). In addition, the “wake up records” shared by users around the world are displayed in a part of the app entitled WORLD WAKE UP” (Google Play).
According to Google Play, the Android App Features Include:
• Users can set an alarm.
• Users either select their location from a pull-down menu or allow the app to find their location using GPS. The app then displays the current weather and temperature.
• The alarm music changes according to the weather and reads out the time, day of the week, and the weather.
• The alarm music vocals are available in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Users can share the time, weather, and temperature of when they wake up on Facebook, Twitter, RenRen, and Weibo.
• The information users share is displayed in the WORLD WAKE UP part of the app.
• The app background changes according to the day of the week. (Google Play).
Check out the free App here:
While you’re at it, check out the other free apps by Uniqlo.
As a clothing retailer, Uniqlo seems to be on the cutting edge of social media marketing. This is just another shining example of the ingenuity and forward thinking the Uniqlo company has embraced as part of their over-all marketing strategy.
*I am, in no way, a paid endorser. The posts presented on my blog are strictly my own personal opinion and observations in regards to marketing media and its uses.
Google Play. (n.d.) Retrieved on July 5, 2013 from: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uniqlo.wakeup
iTunes. (n.d.). Retrieved on July 5, 2013 from: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uniqlo-wake-up/id515839388?ls=1
Uniqlo. (n.d.) Retrieved on July 5, 2013 from: http://www.uniqlo.com/wakeup/en/pc/